Attack of the 50 Foot Chicken
Attack of the Fifty-Foot Chicken uses the design element size to make a point. Through forced perspective, the white chicken is larger than life in contrast to the person in the photo. The artist has been able to create the illusion that the person is standing right next to the chicken, pushing it away. However, the size of the trees in the background throws off the illusion slightly. The size of the trees in relation to the size of the person is appropriate. If the chicken were really supersized, it would tower over the trees, too. Without considering the trees, the picture is very realistic. The use of size in this image makes the viewer feel as though the chicken’s sharp beak is just inches away from the person, and the person’s body language as he leans away from the bird supports that feeling. Overall, use of size in this image makes for one scary chicken!
6 comments:
"Attack of the Fifty-Foot Chicken" is using the design element of SIZE to give the false idea or illusion of a giant chicken trying to eat a terrified man. It is using the technique of Force Perspective placing one element closer to the camera and playing with the sizes to distort reality. I think it would be better if the photographer crop the picture to make a focal point on the chicken and exclude elements that can create "noise" like the trees in the background of the size of the grass in the front. I really like this picture, it is very creative.
I feel that this photo was very effective and the differences in size's was used very well. Doing this type of project is sometimes very hard for people but, this person hit the nail right on the head!
-Aspen A.
I feel that this photo was very effective and the differences in size's was used very well. Doing this type of project is sometimes very hard for people but, this person hit the nail right on the head!
-Aspen A.
Attack of the 50 foot chicken uses size to show that the chicken is gigantic compared to everything else because of the perspective of the picture. The only thing wrong with it that I can see is that the chicken and the person aren't on the same level. Overall I like the picture. -Adam
I really like the Attack of the 50 foot chicken size was well done here. Position must of been hard but it came out greatly.-cody
The way they positioned the person and the chicken worked really well together to make it look like the chicken was huge compared to the person. :3
Post a Comment