Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Field Trip De-Brief

On November 18th, the VisCom class took an all day field trip. 

Our first stop was Vantine Studios located in Hamilton, NY. We were given a brief history of the business, a tour and finally were put through their workflow as "customers" by having our pictures taken.

Our second stop was ITT Tech in Liverpool, NY. We had a brief presentation about college choices and what ITT Tech can offer, then given a tour and then we had a "hands-on" session using 3DS Max.

Now, it is YOUR job as a VisCom student to blog about our trip.

Here is your assignment:

You must post to our blog using the following format - 3-2-1.
You must discuss:
  • 3 things you learned from this field trip,
  • 2 things that were interesting, and
  • 1 question you still have.
After your original post, you MUST comment on 3 other student posts. 
  • Perhaps you can answer their question?
  • Or add to their comments?
  • Or disagree with their comments?
You will be graded on the quality of your posts and if you posted 4 times total (your original post, plus 3 comments).

Please sign each post with your first name only for credit.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I learned that photographers have to travel to 3 different colleges every time they have a assignment.
2. ITTtech has a e-library and has everything a normal college does.
3. The 3d technology is very complex and hard to use. Dylan Emrich

Anonymous said...

3 things I learned:

1) You should pick a career that you're going to enjoy since you are going to be working for a long time

2) Going to a college such as ITT Tech can teach you skills in less than two years that you can use to get a reliable job in your field

3)Editing photo collages can take many hours to complete

2 Interesting Things:

1) I thought it was cool to see how fast the editors were able to fix the photos at Vantine Studios

2) It was also interesting to see that Vantine Studios has clients all around the country

1 Question:

1) Are there other studios like Vantine Studios in my area?

-Tyler C

Anonymous said...

3 things I learned
1. ITTtech has a e-library
2. Editing photo
3. Pick a career that you'r comfortable

2 Interesting Things
Clients all around the country
Editors were able to fix the photos

1 Question
How many customers do they get a year
- Chris D

Anonymous said...

1.I liked the how the iTTtech teacher was willing to help everyone.
2.The Itttech school seemed very interesting and was very easy to understand.
Q. How much would a full semester cost.

Anonymous said...

1. photographers have to travel a lot
2. editing photos can take time
3. pick a career that you love

1. the way they fix photos
2. the computers at ITT Tech

1. What kind of design was the computer program at ITT Tech?

Cody R.

Anonymous said...

Three things that I learned from this field trip was where Vantine studios is located and how to contact them in order to get photographs done. Another thing I learned is that ITT Tech is not one of the schools that I would be looking at.

A couple of interesting things were that Vantine studios could possibly have openings for internships and also, thee history of how Mr. Vatine ended up in Hamilton NY was very exhilarating.

My question is would I be able to do and internship with Vantine?
-Aspen

Anonymous said...

3 Thing I learned:

1: ITT Tech has very very small monitors
2: I most likely don't want to go ITT Tech
3: They didn't have as many programs as I thought they would

2 Interesting things:

1: They didn't show any use of macs
2: Its a technical school with 10 inch monitors and windows vista...

Question:

They obviously have the money, why not update the computers -Adam

Anonymous said...

1) I learned that 3DS Mac is STUPID
2) I learned about composites
3) I learned how much work goes into creating one composite.
1) I thought vantine was a great place and would be a great place to work
2) I thought ITT was a small campus and had good classrooms
1) Does ITT realize they are stupid?
Jenna

Anonymous said...

Three things i learned at ITT Tech are that.
+One there are not learning off of apple. And they only work mostly with Windows.
+For two they have a few Apples and students can use them but they would have to ask before.
+And lastly

Two things i thought was interesting was that.
+One I like how they show there art work there was many that was eye popping.
+Two it was different how the building was built [I felt like i was kinda going throw a maze someone made to see how fast the mouse can find the cheese for science class. and also the colors they used to design the place. not just the walls but the whole college was very well picked i'v thought.

One question that i have is that is why does a Computer based school then why don't have more Apple computers knowing that in these days most work places use them. -Bl@ck @m3thy$t

Anonymous said...

1. I Learned they use pc in itt over pcs
2. Vantine hired mostly people without collage degrees
3. It is very easy to learn photoshop
2 Interesting things
1. i liked how they ha two old printers
2. i like that fast printer/cutter they had
1 question
how do they make they're jobs seem so easy?
-Logan LMW

Anonymous said...

Chelsea-

3 things I learned:
-1. How to build 3D characters
-2. The set up of a photography studio
-3. How a photography studio works and the process and equipment

2 Interesting Things:
-1.The fun van ride with Ms.Sheldon
-2. The hilarious restaurant hahaha "wink wink"

1 Question:
-Can our van people be permanent? Hahaha
Ok. Real question.
-How long does a photo shoot take?

Anonymous said...

3 Things I learned:
1. Pick a career you enjoy
2. If you want to be a photographer you should like to travel a lot
3. How a photography studio is set up

2 Interesting things:
1. 3ds mac is fun
2. Editing school pictures

Question: How expensive is it to go to ITT tech?

-Arria

Anonymous said...

3 things I learned

1. go to college
2. editing photos are easy and fast
3. if you are a photographer you will have to travel a lot

2 Interesting things

1. there was a lot of older people working on the computers
2. 3DS mac was very annoying program

1 Question

1. how does ITT have a lot of students with the amount of space it has?


-Leighann

Anonymous said...

• It takes a lot to work in a business like Vantine
studios
• They are able to take pictures and choose them
very fast
• ITT Tech is nice and gave us pizza
• The program they had us use was not very good

-Michael

Anonymous said...

I don't really remember much since the trip was before Christmas break, but I'll try my best.
1. It's possible to work at Vantine Studios after graduation
2. ITT Tech has good pizza
3. Photo editing can be done either with a mouse or an art pad
Um, interesting things...
1. The Hurricane warning sign at Vantine
2. ...That's about it...
And, the one question,
1. What the heck did I forget about?
-PB

Elliot B. said...

Things I learned
1. I learned that ITTtech has an e-library and a ridiculous amount of vending machine
2. I learned about composites
3. I learned that most of the work done at Vantine Studios is on Alumni photographs and yearbooks.

Things I found interesting:
1. The Server room at Vantine Studios
2. Using 3DS Max at ITT Tech

Question I still have:
1. How much is tuition at ITT Tech without scholarships?